Website : https://www.kcwpsychologicalservices.com/
KCW Psychological Services (KCW PS) is a boutique practice servicing clients in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and California via telehealth therapy. We are growing and need to hire another psychologist!
This is a part-time independent contractor position, so the psychologist must have another "gig"/ job outside of working at KCW Psychological Services. We are looking to hire someone immediately but are also very mindful that we want someone who is a good fit for our practice and our clients.
This is an ideal position for someone who is working elsewhere, as their caseload would build over time (average 3-4 months). This is also a great position for someone who is interested in a private practice “lifestyle” but dislikes the administrative pieces (e.g., billing, marketing/advertising, other practice management duties…etc). This position could be ideal for someone who wants to provide therapy to clients making their own schedule, who want to build up a caseload, and make additional money seeing clients.
We pride ourselves on facilitating hope and healing through mental health and wellness practices for women and men of color, as well as underrepresented groups in the mental health space. We are also socially aware -affirmative psychologists; this is a must in order to be considered for this position.
Our Clients: Young Adults (ages 18-20), Adults (ages 21- 55). Our clients tend to struggle with Anxiety, Stress, Trauma, Depression, Self-Esteem, Interpersonal relationships (family, platonic, romantic), Work-life balance, School-life balance, life transitions, Perfectionism, Racial Trauma, and adults who have undergone foster-care /adoption/transracial adoptive experiences. Many of our clients are LGBTQIA+, so you must be affirming and knowledgeable about that population as well.
Treatment Modality: Individual Therapy, Family Therapy (infrequently/as needed)
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. (from an APA or Regionally accredited program).
• Licensed by the state of California Board of Psychology (CABOP). Proof of license, malpractice insurance, and provider ID required.
• Must reside in the United States
• Passionate about treating and working with clients
• Works from a strength-based perspective
• Skilled in working with clients with anxiety, perfectionism, depression, stress, struggles with work-life balance, and/or relationship issues. Self-Esteem, Interpersonal relationships (family, platonic, romantic), School-life balance, life transitions, and adults who have undergone foster-care /adoption/transracial adoptive experiences, Race related trauma.
• Experience in working with a multicultural population
• LGBTQIA+ affirming
• Has advanced training beyond graduate school
• Comfortable working remotely with clients via video/telehealth
• Must be able to work independently without supervision
• Has another “gig” besides seeing clients at KCW Psychological Services.
• Comfortable slowly building their caseload with goal of having a caseload minimum of 15 clients
• Has a growth mindset and engages in life-long learning
• Skills in incorporating creative arts (e.g., music, movement, drawing, poetry..etc) in treatment interventions (a plus but not required).
• Conduct telehealth consultations with prospective clients
• Conduct brief intake and treatment assessments and scoring of questionnaires for clients
• Client weekly/bi-weekly scheduling (optional therapist or admin can do this. Therapist usually like to do this themselves due to changing schedules of therapist and clients)
• Conduct Weekly/ bi-weekly telehealth therapy sessions
• Write/maintain weekly/bi-weekly therapy notes
• Treatment plans
• Weekly or bi-weekly consult
• See clients per week via teletherapy
• Maintain a current license to practice psychology and malpractice insurance
• Adhere to the ethical and legal standards of the field of Psychology
• Have a business that can be contracted with KCW Psychological Services (needed to be an independent contractor), will need to provide a W9 form, and will receive a 1099 tax form from KCW Psychological Services.
• Very competitive compensation.
• Weekly compensation for services.
• Being provided with referrals, marketing/advertising, administrative services, and more.
• Ability to be completely in charge of your schedule
• Ability to assess clients for fit and decide which clients you’d like to work with
• Access to clinical consultation and business development with Dr. Keisha C. White
• Possible supervision opportunities for additional compensation (if interested)
• Opportunities for occasional networking, speaking, writing, etc., if interested in those types of professional activities (would be representing KCW Psychological Services)
Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested. I Look forward to hearing from you.