PROGRAM MANAGER, EDUCATION (PROJECT READY)|
New York Urban League
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 03, 2022
||US - New York - New York City
Project Ready is a signature initiative of the National Urban League which provides enhanced academic, cultural,
social and life support to high school students as they prepare for post-secondary and career success. The Program
Manager will lead the Project Ready initiative supporting 50-60 program participants at an in-school program
between 8:00am and 4:00pm.
The Program Manager will report to the Director of Programs and be responsible for the overall development and
management of services supporting high school youth focused on our college, career, and life readiness initiatives.
The Program Manager will directly manage a School Based Partnership while supervising at least two team
members (ie, staff, interns, volunteers, etc) to facilitate engaging extended learning time programming. The
Program Manager will support all education related initiatives such as: Annual HBCU Fair, Girls’ & Boys’
Empowerment Day, College Tours, Whitney M. Young, Jr. Scholarship Program, State of Young Black New
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in strategy and decision-making activities related to the program portfolio.
• Maintain effective working relationships with program participants, community-based organizations,
and school providers to maintain partnership and active engagement in services.
• Work with the Director of Programs to develop and implement a recruitment, engagement, and outcome
plan to ensure compliance with all programmatic compliance.
• Organize and execute educational curriculum, work readiness assessments and program initiatives as
necessary for various assigned projects.
• Ensure that all services are tracked and documented weekly and take part in quarterly program audits
which will be facilitated by the Director of Programs.
• Participate in recruitment, interviews and supervision of staff, interns and/or volunteers.
• Submit monthly reports reflective of goals, progress, and upcoming initiatives.
• Provide content for the development of semester impact reports reflective of work with participants,
schools, and providers.
• Work with the Director of Programs to manage program budget lines and ensure reconciliation of all
• Participate in monthly professional development activities through individual and group supervision,
attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars.
• Attend and participate in organization-wide initiatives as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
•At least 1 year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills
• Proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced and school environment
• Respect for all program participants
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Ability to work and travel throughout NYC
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media and other business tech
• Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and pass backgroun
Job Benefits Include:
• Aetna Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
•Twelve (12) Paid Vacation Days Accrued Annually. Increases to Fifteen (15) Vacation Days
after 2 years of service.
• Twelve (12) Wellness Days Accrued Annually.
• Up to 12 Paid Holiday’s Off Per Year
• Corporate discounts – Broadway shows, Theme Parks, Concerts, Hotels, Car Rentals, and more
• EAP - Work/Life, and Wellness Benefit
• FinFit – Financial Health Tool
Name: Shalima L McCants, LMSW
State/Province: New York
Country: United States