This Residential Counselor will provide primary daily care and supervision of STRTP (Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program) boys between the age of 12 and 18 in a STRTP setting. AM and PM Full-time and On-call shifts available, 4 (10 hour) shifts.
• Maintains delivery of multidisciplinary treatment plan for assigned residents.
• Contacts appropriate individuals during crisis.
• Assures childcare interventions are always appropriate to resident goals.
• Assures that daily documentation consistently reflects a resident assessment, the care provided, the resident’s response to and the outcomes of care provided.
• Maintains professional boundaries with residents, co-workers and supervisors.
• Charting reflects resident’s progress toward meeting treatment plan, progress in meeting goals and effectiveness of intervention.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of medications, psychiatric and medical.
• Perform resident care assignments and assists clinical department with appropriate treatment service delivery.
• Assists staff in the successful implementation of treatment plans for residents.
• Assists in medical and behavioral situations that necessitate intervention and takes appropriate steps to ensure resident safety and comfort and in all crisis situations.
• Reports abnormal or unusual circumstances, changes in resident’s condition and acts appropriately in a timely manner to the Residential Manager.
• Attends all trainings. Obtains 40 hours during the first year of employment and 40 hours every year thereafter.
• High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
• Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.
• Must be available weekends and holidays.
• NOC shift requires one year experience.