· Provide direct services to six 22 clients, including intake, engagement, assessment and
housing/care coordination services and interventions.
· Provide an average of two (2) face-to-face contacts per month with each client, or as needed to
meet individual’s immediate needs
· Assess and support clients using CTI, motivational interviewing and stages of change to direct
interventions toward improving health and self-sufficiency of program participants.
· Develop service plans with the consumer within initial 30 days of program enrollment that
contain relevant and measurable goals and objectives, including the clients expressed goals, based
upon strengths, problems, and expressed needs of the client. Review service plans every 6 months
and comprehensive assessments annually.
· Coordinate services with the participant's service providers and make referrals and linkages to
additional services when necessary.
· Maintain information on all current medications prescribed to the participant by qualified health
professionals outside of the program.
· Accompany client to appointments to help with understanding treatment and achieving health
· Actively engage the participant who is absent or stops participating in services by conducting
appropriate outreach based on the resident's needs, to maintain continuity of services.
Housing Specialist Duties:
· Assist in securing apartments for participants as applicable (apartment search, escorting
participants to management company interviews and lease signings, coordinating furniture
· Assist client move in to their apartment and completing initial inspections.
· Act as liaison between participants and landlords in facilitating and reporting rent collection.
· Address any housing issues (non-payment of rent, violation of lease terms) with client and assist client in developing 60-day contingency plan if needed. ·
Follow up with tenant and management to coordinate/advocate for necessary repairs. · Conduct case reviews with internal interdisciplinary team to monitor/evaluate client status/service needs. ·
Collect annual income documentation and proof of identification for all clients and ensure rent portions are adjusted according to income and lease renewals. ·
Address any client issues that could jeopardize their housing stability. ·
Ensure all rents are paid by BronxWorks fiscal department and that management companies receive all clients’ portion monthly. Coordinate with fiscal to request monthly electronic payments are made to management each month. ·
Responsible to ensure lease renewals are completed and new leases are sent over to fiscal. · Find new housing vacancies when apartments are needed. ·
Conduct financial literacy workshops quarterly. ·
All other duties as assigned