Housing Works is a healing community of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Our mission is to end the dual crises of homelessness and AIDS through relentless advocacy, the provision of lifesaving services, and entrepreneurial businesses that sustain our efforts. Join us and make a difference.
We’re currently seeking a Care Manager in New York City to work with clients and the client’s network of providers to help minimize barriers to care and help clients achieve improved health outcomes. You will have the opportunity to work as part of outcome driven integrated teams and participate in agency wide quality improvement activities aimed at improving the delivery of care to individuals living with chronic illness, behavioral health issues, and homelessness.
• Assess clients’ needs for case management services and develop an intergraded care plan and goals.
• Maintain documentation and update care plans at specific time intervals.
• Work and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team of providers, including Primary Care Provider, psychiatrist, therapist, substance abuse treatment programs and other providers. Attend Integrated Case Conferences as scheduled.
• Work with the client to identify barriers to goal attainment and help resolve those barriers.
• Conduct field work as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years related experience preferred. Master’s Degree in related field may be substituted for 1 year experience.
• Computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Good interpersonal skills and ability/interest in working as part of a team.
• Knowledge of HIV, substance use, homelessness, mental illness, or other chronic medical conditions.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a supportive team and friendly work environment.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position is included in a bargaining unit of Housing Works’ New York City employees represented by a labor union known as the Retail Wholesale and Department Store Union (“RWDSU”). Accordingly, the RWDSU has the exclusive right to bargain over the terms and conditions of employment related to this position and this position may become covered by the terms of a collective bargaining agreement (a “CBA”) between Housing Works and the RWDSU.