Classroom Counselors are key members of our school teams, guiding students to achieve academic success no matter what challenges they may be facing. We employ creative and thoughtful community-tested practices to celebrate the diversity of our students and weave our families' cultures into a curriculum that addresses each child's unique, individual needs. Seneca's Maya Angelou Academy is a non-public school serving students in grades K-5 in three classrooms to personalize our treatment approach for each student and promote the social, emotional, behavioral, and intellectual development of each student.
"You start to notice growth, and even if it's gradual, it is very rewarding to see your students conquer their goals, academic or behavioral. I have seen first-hand that constant care can make these students feel comfortable and loved enough to break through big barriers. There isn't one day where I don't look forward to getting to spend time with these students."
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community-based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourage people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and training on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Bachelor's degree or within 6 months of graduation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid California drivers license and insurability under Seneca's automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other relevant mandatory state or federal licensing requirements
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- $20.25 per hour, with additional compensation provided upon passing a bilingual language proficiency exam
- Annual performance reviews provide the potential for a generous salary increase each year
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 5 weeks of PTO and 11 paid holidays
- 403b retirement plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities