Title: Building Manager
Program: Leona Blanche House
Leona Blanche House Residence is an extended stay, service-enriched single-room occupancy residence providing housing for 53 formerly homeless single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually-diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Building Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
• Inspects vacant units and prepares them for occupancy.
• Responds to tenant requests for repairs and keeps a log of completed work.
• Keeps building grounds and common areas clean and in safe condition.
• Ensures that garbage and recycled items are placed for pick up at the appropriate times and in the proper manner.
• Keeps entrances, walkways and stairways and courtyard clear of grass, ice, snow, and debris; buff floors.
• Maintains fresh paint on interior and exterior of the building.
• Maintains inspection logs for sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers and other building systems as required by state and federal law.
• Conducts regular preventative maintenance on items throughout the interior and exterior of the building.
• Performs regular inspections of all common areas and maintain the grounds.
• Coordinates with external/internal contractors or repair crews for work that is outsourced.
• Manage and completes purchase orders.
• Support and participate in interviewing and hiring of maintenance staff.
• Supervises the work of the custodian
• Purchases all maintenance supplies and keeps adequate inventory.
• Wears the proper safety equipment in the appropriate situations including hard hats, eye and ear protection, safety shoes, gloves, face mask and respirator.
• Available to respond 24/7/365 via phone to building emergencies, and to provide on-site coverage, as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director(s).