Social Worker - Caregiver Support Specialist|
Sunnyside Community Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 19, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Sunnyside
||- n/a -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct intake and assessment screening of both caregiver and care receiver, assessing mental and physical health needs and supports, and financial eligibility for benefits, entitlements, and respite services.
• Perform home visits to both caregivers and care receivers to evaluate unmet needs.
• Collaborate with the caregiver to develop a plan of care and implement constructive short and long-term interventions through counseling, education about caregiving supports, long-term planning, and assistance with benefits.
• Link caregivers to other service providers such as mental health, medical care, and financial management services as needed.
• Develop and create training events to educate clients on topics that can help support them in their caregiving capacity (e.g., self-care, health and wellness, legal planning, assisting care receivers with daily needs).
• Lead one or more support groups, providing emotional support and psychoeducation about various issues related to caregiving and self-care.
• Provide timely documentation and maintenance of client files and progress notes.
• Participate in outreach activities throughout Western Queens to increase awareness among caregivers about the services of the Caregiver Program. These will be conducted through online platforms and in person.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director to support the program.
• In office and home visits.
• Some evening and weekend hours.
• Bending, sitting, stooping and standing, walking up and down stairs.
• MSW, or BSW with at least 2 years relevant experience in social services, assistance with benefits a plus.
• Experience working with older adult populations and families preferred.
• Bilingual, Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
• Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and experience with client databases.
• Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation required.
• Time management skills to coordinate multiple responsibilities and services.
• Ability to work independently and as part a team, in both a home and office environment.
• Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, characteristics and cultures.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance 403B pension plan with employer contribution Flexible spending account and transit program Employee Assistance Program
20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year 10 paid Holidays
Six personal/floating days
How to Apply:
• Cover letter required. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Attn: Katie Hine. Indicate “Caregiver Support Specialist - Your Name” in the subject line.
Please note, if hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
For more information on Sunnyside Community Services, please visit https://www.scsny.org/