Catholic Charities, one of New York’s most prominent nonprofit organization is currently seeking a Division Director for Community Outreach Services Department. The Division Director of Community Outreach Services (COS) will provide strategic direction and broad oversight of a portfolio of public and privately funded human services programs valued at $22 million. These services include eviction prevention, housing supports, emergency food, entitlement enrollment and supports, disaster response, and basic needs case management. The Division Director is a core member of the Executive Leadership of the agency and will work directly with the Executive Director and others on the Leadership Team, as well as staff the COS Divisional Committee of the Board of Directors of CCCS.
The Division Director will collaborate with the Executive Director and other senior management in strategizing on range of services, methodology for delivery, and evaluating the efficacy of those services to address operational and emerging needs.
Division Director will serve as a positive representative to bridge connections with internal stakeholders and external community partners. In close collaboration with the CCCS Executive Leadership, this role will be responsible for, the implementation of overall internal controls, supervisory support, strategic planning, program development, budget, and contracts management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides a broad array of operational oversight and administrative functions that will give support and assistance to divisional personnel in the delivery of services. Develops practices, protocols and policies within the division that will streamline efforts, promote accountability, and maintain standards of operations for division.
• Supervises, evaluates, and coaches divisional leadership team to ensure alignment of established goals, fulfillment of contractual obligation and implement best practices as determined for maximum service delivery and accountability.
• Maintains and improves divisional HR protocols for the recruitment, retention, and development of divisional personnel; Participates in regular discussion with agency HR Director to stay abreast of personnel matters, disciplinary actions, and implementation of agency policies.
• Actively participates in the annual budget process with all programs and fiscal team; Facilitates and attends all monthly budget meeting with program and fiscal and closely monitors spending, variances, and personnel allocations for program budgets; Assists with the development of new, proposed, or modified contract budgets.
• Provides support to program leaders with development of new proposals including contract obligations and work scope parameters; Tracks and monitors progress, challenges, and identify gaps in service delivery; Collaborates with data team and contracts team to monitor deliverables.
Working Conditions and physical demands required:
• Travel to worksites within NYC and upstate at least 20% of the time using public transportation or vehicle, traverse city streets, occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Education and/or experience required:
• Master’s Degree in a related field.
• 10 years’ management experience in management and supervision.
• Familiar with state, federal and local government funding requirements.
• Demonstrated program development experience working with the poor.