KCW Psychological Services (KCW PS) is a boutique practice servicing clients in California, New York, New Jersey, and Maryland, via telehealth therapy. We are growing and need to hire psychologists!
This is a part-time employee position, so the psychologist must have another "gig"/ job outside of working at KCW Psychological Services. We are looking to hire someone immediately but are also very mindful that we want someone who is a good fit for our practice and our clients.
This is an ideal position for someone who is working elsewhere, as their caseload would build over time. This is also a great position for someone who is interested in a private practice “lifestyle” but dislikes the administrative pieces (e.g., billing, marketing/advertising, other practice management duties…etc). This position could be ideal for someone who wants to provide therapy to clients making their own schedule, who want to build up a caseload, and make additional money seeing clients.
At KCW Psychological Services
we pride ourselves on facilitating hope and healing through mental health and wellness practices for women and men of color, as well as underrepresented groups in the mental health space. We are also socially aware -affirmative psychologists; this is a must in order to be considered for this position.
TREATMENT: Individual Therapy, Family Therapy (infrequently/as needed)
OUR CLIENTS: Our clients range between the ages of young adults (18-20) and Adults (ages 21- 60). Our clients usually have challenges with the following: Anxiety, Stress, Trauma, Depression, Self-Esteem, Interpersonal relationships (family, platonic, romantic), Work-life balance, School-life balance, life transitions, and adults who have undergone foster-care /adoption/transracial adoptive experiences.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Ph.D. or Psy.D. (from an APA or Regionally accredited program).
• Licensed by the state of California Board of Psychology (CABOP). Proof of license, malpractice insurance, and provider ID required.
• Must reside in the United States
• Works from a strength-based perspective
• Experience in working with a multicultural population
• LGBTQIA+ affirming
• Has advanced training beyond graduate school
• Comfortable working remotely with clients via video/telehealth
• Must be able to work independently without supervision
• Has another “gig” besides seeing clients at KCW Psychological Services.
• Comfortable slowly building their caseload with goal of having a caseload minimum of 4-14 clients
• Has a growth mindset and engages in life-long learning
• (a plus but not required) Skills in incorporating creative arts (e.g., music, movement, drawing, poetry..etc) in treatment interventions.
• Conduct telehealth consultations with prospective clients
• Conduct brief intake assessments
• Client weekly/bi-weekly scheduling (optional therapist or admin assistant can do this. Therapist usually like to do this themselves due to changing schedules of therapist and clients)
• Conduct Weekly/ bi-weekly telehealth therapy sessions
• Write/maintain weekly/bi-weekly therapy notes (very brief)
• Treatment plans (very minimal/brief…every 3 months)
• Adhere to the ethical and legal standards of the field of Psychology