Accountant I/Bookkeeper ***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***Stockton, CA
Under the direct supervision of the Office Services Manager, the Accountant I position is responsible for maintaining functional control over the monthly revenue for the Victor Community Support Services (VCSS) program.
1. Maintains a comprehensive communications network with program staff, bookkeepers and Administrative office in order to assure timely payables, check batch posting and printing, as well as reconciliation and monitoring of credit card purchases.
2. Responsible for developing and maintaining program inventory including electronics (in conjunction with IT staff), reporting assets, and reporting retired inventory to Administrative office.
3. Monitors all petty cash funds monthly, oversees replenishments and trains new program custodians.
4. Monitors supply purchases, expenditure requests, and deliveries. Maintains organization of all storage areas (including offsite), develops written standard operating procedures to assure systems are adhered to.
5. Assures payroll is completed, mileage checks are issued and other staff financial obligations are met by program deadlines. Assures Productivity reports are completed in a timely manner.
6. Tracks all leases and warranties of program equipment for expiration, calls for repairs and provides training to staff regarding equipment usage.
7. Monitors budgeting and cost reporting on program events and assures event coordination with program staff..
8. Routinely audits and assures accounting systems are in place. Develops Standard Operating Procedures and training in alignment with program financial systems.
1. Bachelor of Science in Business/Accounting from an accredited college. Four year of related accounting experience can substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
2. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, personal automobile insurance and driving record that meets the standards outlined in the Agency's Personnel Policy; Motor Vehicle Operating Standards.
3. Must possess above average skills and aptitude with MS Office suite of applications.
4. Must have basic knowledge related to modern principles of management.
5. Must have basic knowledge of PC hardware and software operations and applications.
6. Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be willing to complete a Tuberculosis (TB) and drug screening test.
7. Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation conducted by the State of California.
8. Must provide Verification of Covid-19 vaccination or exemption for religious or medical condition
1. Additional years accounting/accounts receivable experience beyond minimum required of four years/Bachelor’s degree.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Access or other database systems.
3. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
· Low cost Medical, Dental and Vision
· Life Insurance plan for employee and family
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Holidays, PTO and Sick pay
· Retirement Savings Plan (403B)
· Employer Funded Retirement Plan
· Wellness Benefit
· Verizon Discount
· Business Casual Office Environment
· Monthly staff luncheons
· Annual Employee recognition awards
· 501(c)(3) Designation - you can apply for public service loan forgiveness
Pay Range: $ 16.60 - $19.11 DOE