Part Time/ Full Time
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service is seeking part-time and full-time Counselors who, under the supervision of the Site Director, will be responsible for providing care to a designated caseload, including provision of direct individual, group and family sessions at our North Shore location at 285 Vanderbilt Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10304. The incumbent will also be responsible for coordination of specialized program services and case management of caseload.
• Conduct screenings, assessments, determine appropriate level of care, treatment planning, and discharge planning.
• Facilitate sessions including group, individual, family, crisis intervention, and referrals.
• Manage census administration, retention of cases, family support, fee collection, and outreach presentations.
• Coordinate care for designated caseload, including completing ongoing reporting, outreach, referrals, and
collaborating with professionals working with the caseload.
• Maintain contract and regulation compliance, fulfill clinical standards and best practices and all related documentation.
• Will serve as Manager-On-Duty and/or alternate clinician when necessary.
• Serve as task supervisor to interns/volunteers when appropriate.
• Will provide guidance to the staff in the absence of an on-site supervisor, when requested.
• Manage off-hours emergency cell phone on a time-limited rotating basis, when needed.
• Participate in team meetings, individual and group supervision.
• Actively participate in training sessions and designated meetings.
• Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
• Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.