The Center for Urban Community Services trains human service providers across the nation through classroom-based training and hands-on-coaching to help our training participants have a measurable and meaningful impact.
CUCS’ Academy for Justice-Informed Practice (Academy) is workforce training initiative targeting professionals of all disciplines who work with individuals with behavioral health needs and criminal justice involvement. We partner with experts from across mental health and criminal justice disciplines to develop and conduct high quality training programs that advance leading-edge information, teach concrete skills and foster best practices.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the Office Manager and/or the Program Director in carrying out the administrative support activities in a particular program unit. This individual must possess a thorough knowledge of office procedures and the ability to participate in identifying and addressing operational problems. The Administrative Assistant is expected to exercise initiative and good judgment and to carry out their duties with a high degree of autonomy.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
- Responding to customer service inquiries via email, telephone, mail and in person.
- Compiling, ordering and processing training materials for all class participants.
- Setting up and breaking down the training room, and making announcements at each class - both on and off-site.
- Processing training attendance after class.
- Creating contracts for all Academy consultants and following up to assure agreements are signed and that supporting documentation is submitted.
- Processing consultant invoices: following up with consultants to obtain invoices, writing check requests for the fiscal department, documenting spending and reconciling all consultancy spending. Interfacing with the fiscal department when problems or issues arise.
- Overseeing, the development and maintenance of filing systems such as payment records to contractors, course attendance records, evaluations from our weekly trainings and documents pertaining to our social work CEU accredited courses.
- Creating monthly promotional announcements and overseeing our Learning Management System: ensuring it is updated monthly and working properly for our end users.
- Purchasing office equipment, furniture, supplies, training materials and overseeing their distribution.
- Generating reports, including training evaluation reports, attendance reports, budget reports and scheduling reports.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of vendor accounts, the monitoring of staff vendor account purchases (i.e. catering services, printing services etc.)
- Creating and updating templates such as invoices, certificates, letters, evaluations for new courses etc. as needed.
- Scanning and importing evaluation data into Spiroscan and creating reports to send as feedback to hired consultants.
- Providing receptionist services for the general office once a week.
- Troubleshooting for unanticipated issues with equipment, payment protocols or customer services.