The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator works as an integral member of Supportive Housing Programs for seniors. The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator is responsible for providing a range of on-site wellness services that meet the behavioral health and social needs of residents.
The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator is responsible for meeting & assessing building tenants and developing & implementing appropriate and effective communal and individual wellness activities that support residents as they age in place. Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, the Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator will provide in depth supportive counseling and groups to residents. The goal is to support residents in maintaining permanent affordable housing. The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator will play an integral role ensuring that residents can age in place with dignity.
The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator ensures that the Agency Mission is met and best practices are upheld in our work with the buildings’ residents. The Sr. Resident Wellness Coordinator reports directly to the Residential Supervisor and Clinical Director for day to day operations and social service interventions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct and prepare assessments, case logs, documents case notes, care plans for tenants.
• Establish and maintain contacts with families, social service support agencies, and health facilities.
• Assesses residents for their needs and develops and implements service plans
• Provide counseling, behavioral interventions, restorative services, assistance in negotiating community activities and crisis management services.
• Assist residents in developing meaningful service plan goals and provide supports to assist residents in achieving their goals.
• Develops wellness goals and activities with the input of residents and other staff.
• Implements and promotes wellness activities.
• Ensure the development of appropriate wellness, educational and social programming is consistently taking place.
• Coordinates care for targeted critical/high need resident cases.
• Work through team approach in partnership with building property management and maintenance staff to identify and respond to residents in need.
• Models positive advocacy and helps resident self-advocate with community service providers when appropriate.
• Complete documentation, both paper and electronic forms in a timely manner.
• Provide ongoing, active outreach and creative engagement of residents.
• Respond to emergency situations on site and provide crisis intervention.
• Maintain contact and follow-up with service providers put in place for residents such as Adult Protective Services and/or outpatient treatment services.
• Strictly adhere to and enforce all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality and Corporate Compliance regulations and maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Accompany residents to face to face meetings as requested by the resident.
• Attend staff meetings, agency meetings, workshops, classes, & in-service trainings on a regular basis to maintain current information on eligibility requirements for all basic entitlements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or related field