What You’ll Do
If you want to help families experiencing homelessness find permanent housing and achieve self-sufficiency, then you could be a great Housing Specialist for our Family Shelter in Suffolk County. You’ll work with your clients to determine which housing programs they qualify for, guide them with their housing search, provide referrals to appropriate housing resources and voucher programs, and advocate for them with landlords and brokers. You’ll also coach your clients in how to conduct an apartment search, interview with a landlord for an apartment, complete housing forms, activate utilities, etc. Additionally, you’ll network and reach out to identify and develop new housing resources with brokers and landlords.
This is a terrific opportunity to work with a fabulous supervisor who has over 20 years’ experience in the housing field!
You’re a great fit for the role if you:
* Have seasoned skills in navigating relationships and setting expectations with clients, real estate brokers, landlords, and other service providers.
* Have experience working with people experiencing homelessness and are committed to our mission of helping people in need of housing and ending homelessness.
* Have a valid US driver’s license (to use a company vehicle for taking clients to view apartments, sign leases, help with move out, etc.).
* Have a High School diploma/GED or higher level of education.
It would be helpful (but not required) if you:
* Have some experience in housing placement services.
* Are bi-lingual (English/Spanish), since many of our client families are native Spanish speakers.
We Have GREAT BENEFITS!
* Health insurance through Cigna, including dental and vision, with an option that covers entire family with NO employee contribution
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* 401k with Company contribution even if employee doesn't contribute
* Tuition Reimbursement and Educational Achievement Awards for employees completing educational & certification milestones
Who We Are
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.