<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 22, 2021
||US - New York - Bronx
The Occupational Therapist assumes primary responsibility for providing services for children needing evaluation and/or remediation in the different areas of Occupational Therapy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize standardized tests as well as clinical observations to assess students’ strengths and deficits in the area of Occupational Therapy and prepares written evaluation reports as part of the intake process.
• Develop IEP goals and objectives for students evaluated in the intake process.
• Implement treatment plans as part of therapeutic intervention in the area of OT.
• Provide consultation to classroom staff in the areas of perceptual motor, fine motor, gross motor, balance, motor sequencing, and performance problems.
• Review and report on student progress.
• Participate actively as a member of the school’s interdisciplinary therapeutic team meetings.
• Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Refer children for additional necessary consultations and medical evaluations when necessary.
• Submit all reports in a timely manner.
• Submit updates and IEP goals in OT for annual reviews, requested reviews and graduating children.
• Maintain daily records of student progress.
• Provide guidance and workshops to parents in order to enhance the development of skills at home
• Perform OT evaluations and therapy
• Complete the mandatory 2 hours of training in child abuse and maltreatment identification, reporting, and prevention as well as the requirements of applicable statutes and regulations.
• Complete 15 hours of training every 24 months, including the mandatory child abuse prevention and other subjects related to child health, safety, and early childhood development (Child Care Article 47 providers only)
• New York State License in Occupational Therapy
• MS/MA in Occupational Therapy
• American OT Association Certification
Name: Mercedes Gabella
Address: 500 Western Highway
State/Province: New York
Country: United States