FAMILY PEER ADVOCATE
La Rabida Children’s Hospital
Department: Chicago Children’s Trauma Center (CCTC)
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children battling the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Provide support to families in need of services at the CCTC by utilizing the skills and knowledge they have already developed successfully navigating the system themselves for their own children. Provide support in case management style to help assist families with initial engagement at the CCTC and helps to assess and break down barriers to treatment. Act as a liaison between families and staff and support families to become better advocates and navigate the mental health system.
What you will receive:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
• Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
• Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our tax deferred 403b plan which matches your bi-weekly contributions and has an additional annual contribution based on your W-2 earnings.
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
• Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education achieve a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.