Effectively manages and coordinates the patient’s plan of care across the continuum. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team enhancing the quality of patient clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction with efficient and effective utilization of resources.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Serves as a resource person and provides counselling and intervention related to treatment decisions and end-of-life issues.
- Develops long and short-term plans with the patient/family to address problems identified.
- A collaborative process that encompasses the following: assessment, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the options and services required to meet the needs of the patient.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team facilitating care for the designated case load; monitors the patient’s progress with the appropriate interventions ensuring a focused plan of care and services are provided while providing high-quality cost-effective care.
- Facilitates transfers to other facilities as appropriate.
- Provides the appropriate patient follow up in compliance with regulatory agencies and hospital policies and standards.
- Identifies at-risk populations using approved screening tool and follows established reporting procedures. Works collaboratively with the Utilization Review RN.
- Monitors and facilitates the length of stay and ancillary resource use. Takes the appropriate actions to achieve the continuous improvement in both length of stay and resource utilization.
• Current SW License/ RN License
• BLS preferred
• Certification in Case Management preferred
• Minimum three years of experience in an acute care setting or equivalent training and/or job knowledge.
• Master’s degree in Social Work/ Associates or BSN in Nursing
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.