Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse, you'll be responsible for providing nursing care to children and adolescents served in our Crisis Psychiatric Care (subacute) facility, providing routine healthcare including pain management, vital signs and lab sample collection. You will also assist in completing the admission process by gathering medical information, obtaining and processing medication and admission orders from the psychiatrist and assisting children with all other entry needs. Our LPNs provide basic triage and emergency care including assessment and documentation of injuries. Also, you'll manage children's medications, complete phlebotomy services, and assess each child for injuries by completing and documenting a nursing assessment for each child involved in an Emergency Safety Intervention.
- Licensed to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Oregon.
- Completion of a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Previous experience working in mental health preferred, but not required.
- Meet the following physical demands: meet physical requirements of Oregon Intervention System and ability to respond physically to crisis intervention; stand for long periods of time; twisting, running, and some heavy lifting (minimum of 50 pounds).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- May involve exposure to pathogens and possible assaults/injury.