Program Director- Adult Day Services Program|
Sunnyside Community Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Aug 26, 2021
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Sunnyside
||- n/a -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates and contributes to the friendly, warm, and safe environment of the program.
• Responds to inquiry calls, markets to referral sources, schedules marketing events, such as open houses, and refers potential qualified participants to services and funding sources, as appropriate.
• Coordinates the admission process of all participants and assures a smooth transition of all clients into the program.
• Coordinates family case conferences and assures that a mutually beneficial discharge plan is established, based upon client/family and program needs for all clients.
• Supervises participant Activity of Daily Living skills, such as, feeding, toileting transferring and grooming.
• Reviews participant files for accuracy and maintains records and documentation necessary for ADS budgeting and program reporting.
• Maintains participant folders and updates all participant information on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinates client care plans and initiates client care conferences, as appropriate.
• Observes, supervises, and documents participation of all clients in the daily activities program.
• Assures that feedback and progress reports of participants is provided to families on an ongoing basis and refers to or/conducts caregiver support groups, as scheduled.
• Provides orientation and training to staff, including drivers, volunteers, and students. Assures that all students and volunteers’ documentation is complete.
• Provides on-site supervision to the Program Coordinator, Program Aides, volunteers, and students.
• Coordinates ADS staffing schedules and meetings, conducts and, when appropriate, arranges for mandated in-service training, and updates staff regarding client information on an ongoing basis.
• Coordinates services with contract providers of ADS program.
• Ensures that, for clients enrolled in an MLTC program, authorization is up-to-date and on file.
• Ensures program operates in compliance with regulatory agencies, i.e., DFTA, NYS DOH
• Assists with the coordination of the transportation program for participants.
• Works with the Fiscal Department to ensure that monthly billing invoices sent to families and contract providers is accurate. Works with Fiscal Department to track payment receipts and follows up with families if payment is not made.
• Provides resources, information, and linkages for caregivers on an as-needed basis.
• In conjunction with the AED of Home Care, keeps the Adult Day Services manual current.
• Informs staff of any changes to policies and procedures and communicates client updates and needed information daily.
• Provides activities leadership daily.
• Enters/supervises participant information being entered into the computer.
• Ensures that department payroll is completed timely and according to agency protocol.
• Establishes a performance improvement plan that evaluates program operations which include annual family satisfaction survey.
• Attends and participates in in-service education, orientation training and agency Director’s meetings.
• Works with Program Coordinator to order and maintain all equipment and supplies.
• Ensures that all staff are trained in CPR.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Three to five years administrative or management experience in the long-term care industry or in a congregate setting (i.e.: nursing home, senior center, naturally occurring retirement community (NORC) or other community-based setting. Experience working with people with dementia. Degree in Social Work or related social service field. Knowledge of Department of the Aging guidelines. Supervisory experience.
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with subject line: Director of Adult Day to Mvitale@scsny.org | Melissa Vitale | Director of Human Resources
Please note, if hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination or submit to weekly COVID-19 PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) weekly testing as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer