Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Queens (10 minutes by subway from Grand Central), is seeking a Division Director of Youth and Family Services; The Director reports to the Associate Executive Director for Community Services.
The overall responsibility is to supervise a team of five staff who in turn supervise or support 130+ staff and over $5 million in youth programming across eight campuses. 2,500 students participate in our Pre-Kindergarten, elementary after school and summer camp programs, middle school after school programs (SONYC), Beacon Community Centers, a Cornerstone program in public housing, and jobs and college readiness programming for high school students.
We seek an exceptional leader with strong youth development and program management background to support the programmatic and administrative goals.
The ideal candidate is a leader and manager well versed in the principals of youth development and current trends in the field. They will be looked to for leadership around the development of programs, curriculum, and staff. They will manage complex budgets. Advanced Excel skills are required.
• Supervising, together with three directors, 31 FT, and 100+ PT staff of programs that range from pre-kindergarten through high school.
• Ensure follow-through on program plans, ongoing program development and evaluation and organization systems.
• Communicate with program officers and appropriate staff of funders.
• Develop and manage program budgeting. Advanced Excel is essential.
• Represent youth services on external committees and groups.
• Other management responsibilities as needed.
• Masters’ degree in an appropriate field preferred.
• Ten years of experience working in social services or educational organization or equivalent. Substantive experience with youth programs and supervising teams.
• Considerable knowledge of the youth development field, program development, school settings.
• Ability to organize, manage and evaluate multiple activities and services.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, volunteers, and customers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, and cultures.
• Ability to track and report on data is essential. Salesforce experience a plus.
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
403B pension plan with employer contribution
Flexible spending account and transit program
Employee Assistance Program
20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
10 paid Holidays
Six personal/floating days