Title: Events and Catering Assistant
Program: City Beet Kitchens
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Events and Catering Assistant include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Support and collaborate with the Director of Events in the daily operations of City Beet Kitchens.
· Provide exceptional customer service through phone, email to create events from corporate lunches to wedding receptions and nonprofit galas.
· Successfully maintain relationships with existing customers and create long-lasting relationships with new clientele.
· Create daily master/driver schedule to share with all CBK employees.
· Organize, schedule, and return all rental materials for events (tables, chairs, linens, specialty items).
· Hire temporary staff for large events (catering servers, bussers, bartenders, etc.).
· Manage/Captain staff for large events.
· Manage social media accounts (Daily posts and updates on Instagram and Facebook accounts).
· Organize and maintain office systems (Mailings, filing, ordering and record keeping).
· Create and send invoices via Quickbooks.
· Track payments monthly to ensure aging report is up to date.
· Order packaging and supplies for catering deliveries while ensuring all products are cost effective.
· Update and manage the company website (Squarespace).
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills.
· Must be very detail oriented and able to work independently, self- starter.
· Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks and Social media.
· Strong sales and communication skills, verbal and written.
· 3+ years of food service management and/or catering experience preferred.
· Ability to manage teams (drivers, kitchen, and onsite event staff).
· Experience with Squarespace and Catering Software a plus.