Red Door Community is New York City’s preeminent nonprofit cancer support program helping anyone and everyone impacted by cancer and their families. A welcoming community that provides a full complement of FREE support groups, educational lectures, healthy lifestyle workshops, and social activities online and in-person. Because Red Door Community is committed to providing unwavering support at every stage of the cancer experience, so no one faces cancer alone
GCNYC seeks a LCSW to fill the position of Senior Program Manager, Membership and Education to clinically and programmatically support our program, manage our membership process and educational program. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, Program and Offsite Expansion.
CMP (Customized Membership Plan)
• Conduct Customized Membership Plan (CMP) clinical psychosocial assessments for new members and provide follow-up as appropriate.
• Responsible for assessing appropriateness of all new members, making referrals when indicated, collaborating with psychological and psychiatric support professionals and managing enrollment into groups and other program activities.
• Responsible for training and supervising clinical volunteers who complete intake assessments for new members.
• Planning and overseeing the educational program including monthly lecture series
• Manage all weekly support groups
- Wellness (Adults living with a cancer diagnosis)
- Family/Friend (Adults that have a loved one living with cancer)
- Bereavement (Adults grieving the death of a loved one to cancer)
• Manage all monthly support groups
-Outreach to members
-Launch new groups and facilitate as needed
-Ongoing tracking and assessment of programming
-Outreach to organizations, hospitals and other institutions regarding program
-Review and approval of monthly flyer
• Screen prospective support group contractors and onboard
• Facilitate all administrative work with clinical contractors
-Group Coverage Needs
-Manage all trainings and observations for new contractors
• Facilitate clinical supervision weekly
• Clinically evaluate all CMPs and membership
• Clinically evaluate member-related issues
• Facilitation of family sessions as needed
• Respond to clinical issues of members, non-members and callers as needed
• Provide crisis intervention as needed
• Facilitate a weekly/monthly support group and individual sessions
• Hold SIFI-certification and supervise graduate social work interns
• Supervise Full-time Receptionist
• Supervise PT Receptionist/PT Program Assistant
Program & Development Support
• Support and attend program and development events both on and off-site.
• Supervise program operations in the absence of the Executive Director, Program
• Support media opportunities by identifying member presenters.