Bilingual Substance Abuse Counselor|
Southland Integrated Services, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jun 08, 2021
||$20 - $25 per hour
||US - California - Garden Grove
||- n/a -
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assess program qualifications and complete necessary intake procedures.
• Evaluate patients’ physical and mental behaviors.
• Provide direct support to patients using different modalities.
• Teach coping techniques and offer appropriate resources.
• Educate patients on treatment options, methods and techniques to ensure the patients understand the overall intake and treatment process.
• Develop appropriate treatment and recovery plans.
• Monitor patients over time to access treatment progress.
• Maintain good and timely records for patients. Agree to and comply with all agency policies and procedures.
• Collaborating with clinic staff, psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, social workers, and other departments.
• Work with other professional staff to collaborate on treatment methods and plans for patients and to assess suitability for counseling services or referral to other treatment centers.
• Identify behaviors that interfere with treatment and recovery.
• Assist primary caregivers to manage addiction-related behavior.
• Attend meetings, participate in agency and community events as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to satisfactorily complete job:
• Must be bilingual English and Vietnamese or Spanish.
. Associate Degree in Chemical Dependency Counseling, or a Bachelor’s degree in counseling or related field.
• Experience in individual and group counseling.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, and a compassionate nature.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Previous experience with the treatment of substance abuse disorders.
• Experience with co-occurring health and mental health problems.
• Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services’ (SAMHSA) best practice indicators.
• Knowledge of drug and alcohol testing to monitor treatment plans and medical instructions.
• Interest in treating the underserved, low-income communities is highly desired.
• Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment and discretion.
• Verification of employment eligibility. Must pass background check/sanction screening.
• TB clearance, renewed annually.