PER DIEM PSYCHIATRIST (Youthful Offender Wraparound and CCFSP – Fountain Valley)
– Up to 50 contract hours per month, at up to 10 hours per week, based on need.)
- Be a part of a collaborative team that is committed to changing the lives of young people in Orange County.
- Waymakers believe in a whatever-it-takes approach to support youth ages 12-25 whose mental health symptoms have brought them in contact with the juvenile justice system.
- The Per Diem Psychiatrist provides direct patient service including new patient evaluation (emergent, urgent and routine), follow up care and case management as required, consultation, etc.; Initial intake evaluation for patients referred to psychiatry includes an appropriate history, current medications, allergies, pertinent medical and psychiatric history and an appropriate mental status and physical examination; Formulation of an appropriate initial mental health diagnosis, disposition and treatment plan.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic test(s) as appropriate, recommending therapeutic treatment modalities (including medications), providing appropriate patient instruction and or referrals; Prior medical and/or mental health records from outside providers will be requested as appropriate; Collaboration with all members of the medical and mental health care team; Monitor changes in clients' mental illness, status, condition, or medication side effects.
- Documention all services in an Electonic Health Care Record-Exym.
- Up to 10 hours per week based on need.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine or osteopathic medicine with an MD or DO.
- Prior community mental health services systems experience.
- Be familiar with the County of Orange/HCA/BHS/CYS-Prescribing Guidelines for the use of psychotropic medication for children and adolescents.
- Valid CA License to practice Medicine; eligible for certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.