BILINGUAL COUNSELOR II (Families First - Santa Ana)
F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm and available for occasional on-call coverage for after-hours emergencies and 24/7 crisis support).
- Provide individual, family and group therapy, and psycho-educational groups.
- Conduct initial intakes, develop clinical assessment with diagnosis and treatment plan, provide crisis intervention and case management, assists Mental Health workers in implementation of behavior modification plans.
- Complete regular documentation of these services provided to children, adolescents, transitional age youth, and their families.
- Services are provided within the clinic, schools, in-home, and community based locations.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field.
- Possession of a current intern number with BBS on the LMFT/LCSW track.
- 1 year related experience or post graduate, clinically supervised hours required.
- Counseling experience with children, adolescents and families required.
- Knowledge of theory and techniques of individual, family, and group dynamics, behavioral interventions, substance abuse, crisis intervention and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Ability to establish rapport, make accurate assessment of the family’s needs, assist the family in accessing and utilizing the resource, good written and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse multicultural/ethnic population with sensitivity and respect.
- Must be available for occasional on-call coverage for after-hours emergencies and 24/7 crisis support.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.