Part Time Residential Counselor – Young Adult Shelter / Interim Housing|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 25, 2020
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a part time Residential Counselors at our Young Adult Shelter / Interim Housing Program.
1 Part Time Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12:00 AM – 8:00 AM 24 hrs per week
The Residential Counselor cares for and supervises youth housed by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities during the overnight shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in screening, evaluation and orientation of homeless youth.
• Handle crisis phone calls and occasional walk-in crisis situations.
• Provide individual and group counseling to residents.
• Complete weekly and monthly program reports.
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate. Enter ALL client data into AWARDS AND HMIS systems. Must maintain AWARDS and HMIS updated with all client information and data.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Complete program and financial documentation according to program and agency standards.
• Ensure clients are prepared each morning for work, school or other activities.
• Gives instructions to youth regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior.
• Escort youth to designated activities
• Assist with housekeeping duties and ensure cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
• Ensure safe environment for fellow employees and residents.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor preferred, 1-2yrs related experience and/or training. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/