The Senior Health Educator provides services to multiple programs and will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of 2 CDC high impact prevention interventions, WILLOW and ARTAS, along with the facilitation of the Emotional Wellness support group. Additionally, the Sr. Health Educator is responsible for the provision of HIV, HEP C and STI testing to program participants and the community, including client risk assessment, providing PrEP and PEP counseling and other related services as required by the agency and will participate in the distribution of male and female condom and safe sex kits during program interventions and street and community outreach and related activities.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Organize, facilitate and recruit for the WILLOW intervention for women of color. Facilitate curriculum activities and group discussion utilizing strong group facilitation skills. Identify sites and locations to recruit peer advocates. Assist peers in creating role model stories based on personal accounts. Distribution of role model stores and prevention materials during community outreach and on social media sites to help reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS. Facilitate the Emotional Wellness support group two times a week for program participants. Participate is social media related to the program.
2. Facilitate the ARTAS intervention for each newly diagnosed HIV+ individual or lost to care person identified through comprehensive and coordinated outreach, from other intervention participation done at Iris House or elsewhere and other means.
3. Provide educational and resource information and/or engage potential clients into Iris House programs. Provide referrals and support groups for social and health services. Provide HIV, STI and HCV testing on-site and off-site.
4. Provide and/or assist in street and community program promotion and outreach and use social media/networking strategies to promote the program and recruit participants. Providing and/or assisting in providing male and female condom and safe sex kit distribution during program interventions, street and community outreach, at venues where the target populations socialize and elsewhere as directed by the Program Manager.
5. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor(s) and other senior staff.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent educational and work experience. WiLLOW and HIV, Hepatitis C and STI Testing experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year of group facilitation and outreach experience with the target population.