Located at the LAC+USC Medical Center HUB Clinic, Case Manager is responsible for providing acute case management services, Individual Rehabilitative services, groups, referrals and linkage. The Case Manager will interact with the community at large and with specific allied agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the program supervisor, the Case Manager is responsible for the following:
• Work collaboratively with members of inter-disciplinary teams and provide ongoing clinical consultation to DCFS and DMH.
• Develop relationships and ongoing communication with DCFS workers and other staff.
• Collaborate with DCFS Clinical Social Workers to ensure the child or youth is linked to the appropriate level of care services.
• Identify the strengths and needs of the youth and family.
• Identify natural supports that exist within the family structure and the community and provide linkage to additional resources.
• Provide Individual Rehabilitative Services and/or group services until linkage to ongoing mental health services is complete.
• Follow up with clients and families regarding linkage, resources, and services to ensure that their needs are being met.
• Complete all required documentation in accordance with regulations (e.g. DMH); and enter progress notes into the web-based Electronic Health Record software (CareLogic).
• Follow agency policies and procedures.
• Participate in VIP in-service training programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree and two (2) years documented experience in a mental health setting; OR Associates of Arts degree plus four years experience in a relevant mental health setting; OR 6 years experience in a relevant mental health setting.
• Knowledge in working with the DMH Integrated System (IS), IBHIS and Department of Healthcare Services Medi-Cal.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and act calmly in emergency situations.
• Bilingual in Spanish.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with good time management skills.
• Self-starter, independent worker with the ability to adapt to change in a fast working environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Valid California drivers license, driving record and personal vehicle insurance acceptable to VIPs insurance carrier.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Apply Here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/441962/VIP-Community-Mental-Health/Case-Manager-LACUSC-HUB-Clinic