Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a great opportunity for a Residential Counselor at our Transitional Housing Placement Program (THPP) in Mountain View.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
The Residential Counselor cares for and supervises youth who reside in our Mountain View THPP house by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in screening, evaluation and orientation of foster youth.
• Provide mentorship and coaching that promotes pro-social behaviors , supports young adults in completing high school and builds on their independent living skills
• Complete nightly reports documenting completion of chores, daily school attendance, medication compliance (if applicable), curfew time
• Maintain close communication with Case Manager and report all issues, concerns and incidents
• Complete incident reports in Awards per CCL and agency requirements and procedures
• Maintain and dispense appropriate medications and medication documentation.
• Input client data and other information as required into AWARDS electronic health record system – accurate and timely data entry.
• Support the youth with time management in getting to school or other activities on time and prepared. Gives instructions to youth regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Discipline youth and recommend or initiate other measures to manage behavior.
• Assign chores to each housemate to rotate weekly and ensure that resident completes them and maintains a clean bedroom
• Commitment to getting trained on Medi-Cal documentation and procedures, Motivational Interviewing, CSEC and 7 Challenge orientation within first 30 days of hire (and other best/evidence based practices as required)
• Ensure safe environment for fellow employees and residents.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position. Must be available, weekends and holidays.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties as assigned.