About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
As Criminal Justice Coordinator, you’ll provide individualized case management and housing placement assistance for a specialized client population of homeless single adults living in one of our transitional shelters who may have legal restrictions based on criminal history. You’ll report to the Director of Social Services and work closely with the social service team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with your caseload of clients to secure permanent housing that meets law enforcement requirements.
- Helping your clients with budgeting and planning for independent living
- Identifying service delivery gaps and obtaining community linkages for your clients related to housing and employment.
- Ensuring that your clients are in compliance with registration requirements.
- Advocating for your clients and assisting them in navigating the service delivery system to ensure they receive appropriate entitlement services.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant community work or community-centered activities, with experience providing housing counseling and placement services for similar client populations preferred
- Valid US Driver’s License required
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft applications, required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.