Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonder full opportunity for a Client Support Specialist in our new program In-Home Outreach Team (IHOT) The Client Support Specialist works as a member on our In-Home Support Team to provide engagement and support to adults with mental health challenges. The Client Support Specialist will provide case management, service linkage, outreach and engagement, peer support and other services to consumers of the IHOT program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate intake and screening services for clients
• Participate in case planning with client and family
• Provides counseling, skill development, and case management services to assist clients to improve life domain functioning
• Provides skill-based and solution-oriented peer support
• Services are provided in the natural settings such as community, home, and schools to improve accessibility and generalization of skill development
• Provide linkage to crisis consultation
• Participates in after-hours crisis coordination on rotating schedule as needed.
• Provide linkage and referral to basic needs
• Referral services to the broader continuum of care including early psychosis services, Intensive Outpatient Services, Full Service Partnerships, Parent Helping Parents, crisis and inpatient care, and specialty care (eating disorder treatment, residential treatment, partial hospitalization, etc)
• Assist with coordinating and providing transportation for medical care, therapy, court hearings, or other pertinent treatment appointments/activities
• Maintain a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and weekends as needed
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for mental health services, and case management according to standards and regulations
• Complete all necessary regulatory documentation required County Department of Behavioral Health and BWC policies and procedures.
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities and initiative
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned