This position ensures community employment outcomes for individuals enrolled in Employment Services through establishing and maintaining relationships with employers and business managers, gaining knowledge about businesses and employer needs and marketing Employment Services. This includes explaining benefits available to employers and services provided through Employment Services. This position locates, develops, and secures job openings and coordinates with Employment Specialists to ensure employment opportunities are made available to individuals enrolled. This position is also responsible for completing associated paperwork including maintaining accurate data regarding employer contacts and billing.
• Actively seek employment opportunities by initiating and maintaining ongoing contact with a variety of business representatives for individuals enrolled in the Employment Services Program. Explain the benefits and employment support services provided by the program to employers, including addressing employer’s needs while educating and consulting on issues of disabilities and accommodations.
• Collect data from employers related to current positions including job requirements with applicant qualifications; coordinate with Employment Specialists to refer qualified applicants to employers.
• Market Employment Services through engagement in the following activities and meeting weekly/monthly quotas (established in collaboration with department manager): Job referral cultivation through outreach to known Sertoma Centre supporters; Cold contact mailings, calls, and drop-ins; Targeted business block information blanketing; Online market research (culling job postings for placement potential); Promotion of Sertoma Centre’s Employment Services to community businesses (e.g., job fairs, business after hours, service or social organization meetings, etc.); Employer meetings/sales calls; Job, environment, and consumer analysis for job matching purposes.
• Stay abreast of community employment trends, public policy, and issues affecting individuals with disabilities (e.g., ADA, Social Security, health benefits, accommodations, etc.).
• In collaboration with the team, provide the amount and frequency of services and number of job placements necessary to meet departmental goals and maintain funding contracts.
• Conduct necessary follow-up with employers and individuals placed in community jobs.
• Assist with development of community-based assessments and volunteer sites and public relations activities.
• Actively participate in team meetings and ISPs (as necessary), providing relevant information and reporting on major activities such as establishment of employer contacts, job openings and requirements, and meetings with employers.