Provide case management and counseling to individuals seeking services in our Adult Outpatient Clinic. Serves as a member of an organization that welcomes, engages, and serves individuals with complex wellness needs.
• Provide clinical case coordination and therapy for consumers.
• Provide individual, group, family therapy, and education counseling services as required. This may include providing outreach and community-based services.
• Provide case management services as defined in consumer treatment plans.
• Complete assessments and coordinate treatment planning and services with other program staff, other consultants, relevant agencies, and individuals, e.g. DOC, hospitals, Congregate Care Facilities etc.…)
• Complete paperwork in a timely manner.
• Keep records up-to-date and in compliance with WAC, Title XIX and agency requirements.
• Participate in intake and assessment, treatment planning, and psychiatric review of cases.
• Attend treatment team meetings, staff meetings, and designated staff training and consultation sessions.
• Ensure that ethical and professional standards of practice are maintained.
• In addition to the above, perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to complete paperwork within required timeframes, meets content requirements, grammatically correct, and engages client participation in treatment planning and RX plans are signed by the client.
• Demonstrates flexibility in practice, develops strong relationships with other employees, and provides good team communication and engages family members and natural supports in treatment planning.
• Ability to receive and apply feedback, is accountable, and contributes to a positive work environment.
• Develops and maintains a self-care plan, seeks supervision when needed and recognizes signs of burnout.
• Demonstrates timely, consistent, and direct communication is provided to team members and supervisors.
• Demonstrates utilization of all resources available
• Demonstrates diagnosing, engagement skills through use of relationships and application of motivational interviewing, and crisis intervention skills through a variety of clientele.
• Ability to utilize consultation and feedback and utilizes training for professional development.
• Demonstrates ethical decision-making skills and appropriate boundaries.
• Ability to meet productivity requirements and consumers are discharged with improved symptoms as evidenced by client report and DLA-20, PHQ-9 andPSC-17.
• Demonstrate empathy, hopefulness, and resourcefulness in communicating with others.
• Promote whole health care as a key to people’s recovery and quality of life