Site Intro and Description of Responsibilities:
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks a bilingual Overnight Per Diem Case Manager for its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
Overnight shifts required
12am-8am, including weekdays
roughly 14 to 21 hours per week
Some of the responsibilities of the Per Diem Case Manager shift:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Providing medication monitoring during assigned shifts.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
. Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.