Psychologist - Pediatrics
Full Time * New York, NY
New York City Health + Hospitals/Harlem is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center and recognized for providing centers of excellence in the areas of Bariatric Surgery, Breast Imaging and Sexual Assault Forensics. Our teams provide services for nearly 213,000 outpatient visits, more than 83,000 emergency room visits and over 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center.
The Harlem Family Care Center is a hospital based multi-disciplinary program that provides medical and mental health services to HIV infected children, adolescents and adults.
• Providing psychological evaluations of patients and families involving diagnostic assessment based on a review of the presenting problems(s) and of patients developmental, social, psychological, and treatment history
• Providing specialized crisis intervention and psychotherapy interventions to diagnosed individual patients
• Performing Diagnostic Evaluation and Mental Status Examinations as needed
• Participating in inpatient and outpatient multidisciplinary treatment teams, attending staff and team meetings in the Harlem Family Care Center
• Serving as a consultant to the multidisciplinary treatment team regarding psychological assessment and treatment, and performing psychological, Neuro - Psychological and/or psycho-educational evaluations, as indicated, under supervision where needed
• Performing administrative duties related to clinical work (e.g. collaboration with other providers and services within and outside of Harlem Hospital Center)
• Assisting in the plan, design, and implementation for Performance Improvement activities, program evaluation and outcome measures in the Harlem Family Care Center
• Maintaining up-to-date and accurate patient records
• Conducting group therapy and psycho education workshops, as needed
• Providing training and supervision to social worker and patient navigators
• Performing other related duties as assigned
• New York State license. PhD. or PsyD. in Clinical Psychology
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A minimum of three (3) year's related experience with at least one-year acceptable clinical experience and/or completion of a post-doctoral fellowship in clinical/health psychology
• Experience working with substance abuse and psychiatric disorders in a hospital setting
• Experience working with children, adolescents and adults living with HIV is strongly preferred.
Applicants with proficiency in French or Spanish are encouraged to apply.
All positions are subject to a background investigation.
We offer a generous compensation package along with outstanding benefits, opportunities for advancement, retirement plan, malpractice, Sponsorship for H1 & J1 Visas, and much more!
For immediate confidential consideration, please contact: Carmen Velez – Office of Physician Recruitment: Cordobam@pagny.org 646-494-7559
Physician Affiliate Group of New York [PAGNY] provides services to NYC Health + Hospital, the largest public healthcare system in the United States. EOE M/F/D/V