Current Opening is for a RA at our Tarzana Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Center The Lake. This is a part time position to start that can become full time based on performance.
Available hour vary; must be available M-F Swing shift (3 pm to 12:30 am) and Weekends either day or Swing shift.
At Renewal we take a fresh approach to treatment and recovery. We see success not only in the prism of sobriety, but rather in the larger context of happiness and dignity. Our goal is to help you shine in other areas of life; whether it’s a successful career, creating healthy and lasting relationships, or finding meaning and purpose with a new found calling.
The Resident Aid is responsible for managing client care on and off property, under the direction of the Program Director. The Resident Aid must act as a leader, and role model for the clients, while demonstrating integrity, professionalism, proper boundaries, and ethics. The individual will obtain urine specimens from clients, ensure clients are on time, and prepared for scheduled therapy groups, and monitor the client’s compliance on and off site. The Resident Aid will ensure client care is provided in accordance with the philosophy of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain professional relationships with the staff, residents, families, and visitors.
• Responsible for the facility duties:
o Create, enforce and maintain chore schedule of the residents.
o Responsible for completing all housework chores residents are incapable of completing.
o Ensure clients are out of bed at required times, and enforce curfew.
o Enforce visitation hours, and monitor visitors to ensure only authorized visitors are present.
o Monitor offsite activities including meetings, gym, appointments etc…
o Lead clients in organized activities.
o Enforce and monitor client phone usage according to the policy and procedure manual.
o Administer drug and alcohol screenings on clients.
• Maintain knowledge of job functions within the organization.
• Ensure clients attend all scheduled groups, and therapy sessions.
• Orient new clients to the facility, and ensure the clients understand the material, and signs all required intake documents.
• Monitor the clients administrating medication, and input the required information into the system.
• Maintain a consistent, and open channel of communication with the Program Director and Clinical Director.