Foster Care and Adoptions Social Worker|
Seneca Family of Agencies
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 01, 2019
||- n/a -
||US - California - Salinas
||- n/a -
The Foster Care and Adoptions Social Worker provides foster and adoption related counseling, individual counseling and support to parents, children, and prospective birth parents, family therapy, group leadership, educational group leadership, therapeutic foster home assessment and supervision, resource family/foster and adoption assessment, placement and post placement supervision.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click here!
- Conduct resource family/home study assessments for prospective foster and/or adoptive families.
- Provide ongoing support services including regular contact with families and children in home.
- Work effectively, collaboratively and professionally with a variety of public/private providers.
- Maintain appropriate record keeping and reporting requirements per HIPPA regulations.
- Evaluate, train, certify and supervise foster homes/resource families.
- Work collaboratively with the family recruiter for the placement program.
- Assess and address mental health needs for youth as needed
- Counsel pregnant women and couples about parenting options and adoption.
- Insure compliance with State regulations in case management of documentation and case records.
- Conduct Education and Support Group meetings.
- Participate in any planned recruitment activities as needed.
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Will include travel for cases in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, and Santa Clara Counties
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Yearly training stipend
- Master's degree in Social Work
- Registered or licensed with the California BBS
- Experience in working with children and their families in a variety of mental health settings, a plus!
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and insurability through Seneca's automobile policy
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other license/certification requirements