Residential Counselor – Young Adult Family Shelter|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 20, 2019
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for Residential Counselors at the Young Adult Family Shelter (Overnight, Day and Swing Shift) Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Residential Counselor cares for and supervises families housed in Young Adult Family Shelter by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in orientation of homeless young adults and families.
• Provides supervision and care for young adults and their families in the young adult family shelter program.
• Serves as an appropriate role model for young adults and their families
• Handle crisis situations as they may arise.
• Provide individual support to residents as needed.
• Complete shift reports daily.
• Completes documentation in AWARDS and through shift summaries regarding client issues/progress timely and accurately.
• Ensure safety of young adults and families in program.
• Must be able to communicate effectively (orally and in writing), get along with co-workers, clients and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure
• Ensure clients are prepared each morning for work, school or other activities.
• Gives instructions to clients regarding desirable health and personal habits.
• Support program structure, communicate with clients if structure is not being followed, follow-up with consistently and as appropriate.
• Attend agency meetings as appropriate
• Maintains statistics and records as required – data entry of program statistics.
• Positions are day, overnight or swing shift and require flexibility of schedule
• Participate in agency safety initiatives and ensure that BWC site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Attend and complete trainings as required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor preferred, 1-2yrs related experience and/or training. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/