The Mental Health Counselor will support people in developing skills to manage mental illness, socialize with others, and decrease reliance on professional supports. The Mental Health Counselor will also support people in exploring thoughts, feelings, and behaviors from the past and in the present to gain insight throughout the personal recovery process. The Mental Health Counselor will bill for all services provided.
* Facilitate on-site psychoeducational groups that focus on developing coping skills needed for symptom management and increasing skills needed for personal growth.
* Provide person-centered individual therapy or psychoeducational services utilizing best practice approaches to treatment.
* Provide 60% of community support individual or group services off site.
* Assist consumers in gaining access to resources needed during the recovery process.
* Meet departmental standards for productivity in service delivery.
* Schedule and status billing activities on a daily basis in the Electronic Clinical Record.
* Complete all billing notes by the end of the business day every Wednesday for the week prior.
* Master's Degree in Human Services related field.
* Valid Illinois driver's license and documentation of current auto insurance, with a good driving record and car available.
* Complete at least one training within one year of hire on trauma-informed principles and/or practices.
* Employee is required to remain compliant with all state/federal, position, agency, accreditation, and funding source training/licensing requirements including but not limited to CPR and CPI.
* Employee is required to possess the skill and ability to utilize all applicable technology and computer programs related to his/her position.
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGxhc2t5LjM4NzQwLjQzNTZAc2VydG9tYS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20