We seek a full-time Youth Development Specialist to join our Children Youth and Family Services Team. The Youth Development Specialist will coordinate a two-semester Youth Action Council (YAC) and a two-semester Youth Experience Success (YES) leadership development and advocacy program. This position will also provide referrals to individualized support & case management services to youth ages 13 to 19 with currently or formerly incarcerated parents to promote the development and success of participating young people.
Salary range: $28.00 - $30.00 hourly
• Engage in recruitment opportunities to recruit and engage young adults
• Facilitate weekly workshops with facilitators from other organizations for the YES and YAC programs.
• Create curriculums for program participants
• Complete all attendance and group notes to enter all required data into the system for the program
• Provide external referrals as needed for both youth groups
• Build relationships with other Youth Councils and youth leadership programs throughout the city
• Strengthen the network of external resources and participate in monthly staff meetings and monthly team case conferences
• Attend assigned training(s)
• In-person attendance is required to collaborate with co-workers
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Public Administration, or a related field with two years of responsible professional work experience in a social services agency and demonstrated knowledge and experience working with adolescents (individually and in groups)
• In lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalency with three years of responsible professional work experience in a social services agency and demonstrated knowledge and experience working with adolescents (individually and in groups)
• Passion for adolescents, families, and youth advocacy
• Ability to travel locally
• Experience in engagement, advocacy, and collaboration on behalf of youth participants
• Willingness to be innovative, self-motivating, and work independently
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Practical oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and build strong relationships
The Osborne Association is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status, or any other protected category. The Osborne Association takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Osborne Association. Be sure to include a cover letter with your application. No phone calls, please. We wish we could personally respond to each application; however, we cannot do so due to the volume of interest received.
** Salary is based on commensurate experience and other qualifications.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/JKnGkWFQzwkPVsa1WIXdRE