Title: Skills Training & Curriculum Development Coordinator
Program: Next Step: Hybrid Schedule (post-90 day successful employment)
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
Next Step is Project Renewal’s award-winning job placement program which places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Since 2000, Project Renewal has helped nearly 5,000 New Yorkers find and retain employment, achieve economic security, lead more fulfilling lives, and positively contribute to their communities. We enroll over 600 adults each year who have significant barriers to employment including those with histories of homelessness, substance use, underemployment, mental health diagnoses and criminal justice involvement. Our comprehensive approach allows us to work individually with each client to minimize barriers to employment and prepare them for the world of work.
The Skills Training & Curriculum Development Coordinator will be primarily responsible for curriculum development, training, scheduling, facilitation and leading a team of trainers and support staff for Project Renewal’s Workforce Development programs including Next Step Internship Program (NSIP), Human Services Training (HST), ETP (Employment Training Program) and CATP (Culinary Arts Training Program). The Coordinator will also provide oversight to job retention activities and outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Position include but are not limited to the following activities:
Reporting to the Director of Next Step and working alongside the Assistant Program Director, the Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Administer and facilitate a variety of workshops: soft skills, skill/competency-building, internship preparation, digital literacy, financial literacy, and job readiness classes and workshops both in person and virtual.
• Oversee trainers, interns, volunteers, and support staff (guest speakers) and build a skilled and passionate team.
• Curriculum development and planning, client assessments and evaluations, professional development for trainers and support staff, and the evaluation of trainers.
• Manage job retention processes to ensure team achieves retention performance (client engagement, job retention milestones, collection of documentation for performance milestone and database documentation).
• Utilize data and metrics to drive program improvements, client/program performance, and to make informed decisions and improvements to training programs.
Knowledge of Microsoft office, Virtual Platforms and Salesforce or other CRM system