The ATI Case Manager is an integral member of Sanctuary for Families’ Anti-Trafficking Initiative, one of the nation’s leading service providers for survivors of human trafficking and related forms of gender-based violence in the country. In addition to legal services, ATI provides its clients with a wide range of social, case management, and advocacy services.
This position entails working in a high-paced, dynamic, sometimes crisis-responsive environment, learning and navigating multiple systems, including law enforcement (federal and state), public housing, public assistance, and interfacing with public interest partner organizations while managing a fairly large case load are among the chief challenges.
- Coordinates case management under the supervision of the ATI Sr. Supervising Social Worker
-Provides case management for clients experiencing immediate crisis
- Coordinates referrals and placements for immediate client needs, including shelter and medical treatment
- Assists clients to obtain public benefits when eligible (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, housing and childcare subsidies)
- Assists clients to gain self-sufficiency through appropriate referrals for counseling, financial counseling, ESL classes, job readiness programs, and higher education
- Prepares requests for educational and financial assistance grants on behalf of clients
- Refers clients to other appropriate legal and social services within and outside of Sanctuary
- Prepares and assists in the filing of immigration applications on behalf of clients
-Collaborates with Sr Supervising Social Worker and/or ATI Director to complete grant reporting duties to funders of the Anti-Trafficking Initiative
-Maintains and updates electronic client records in Salesforce in a timely manner
-Performs additional administrative support services for ATI
-Performs other department or agency related duties or special projects as directed by the ATI Director