The Tenant Support Coordinator is to provide on-site services at The Morris, a 39-unit supportive, permanent affordable housing development in the Mount Hope section of the Bronx. The successful candidate will need to be creative, resourceful, and organized professional who is comfortable working independently and has a solid, strong commitment to helping domestic violence survivors, previously homeless and very low-income households to remain stable in permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security.
The ideal candidate for the position will be innovative and passionate about improving the lives of domestic violence survivors and their children. They will be responsible for overseeing the daily programming supervising a Case Manager, and Front Door Monitor. The position requires working one weekday night (e.g., 11AM to 7PM), occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday for special events and reporting directly to the Bronx Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
• Actively engage tenants to participate in program services and activities.
• Foster tenant interaction and builds community within the building community.
• Develop and implement workshops that reflect the interests of tenants.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan enriching activities for children and adults.
• Maintain transparency with tenants regarding expectations, and requirements and provide support as needed.
Case Management Services
• Maintain a caseload of 15-20 tenants.
• Develop annual service goals and review safety plans with tenants.
• Assist tenants with applying for and maintaining housing subsidies and other benefits.
• Provide counseling to tenants as appropriate on issues such as safety planning, parenting, and budgeting.
• Work collaboratively with the Property Manager to engage and assist tenants who are in arrears or at risk of
• Provide referrals and linkages to appropriate services for tenants in need of support.
• Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to engage tenants and their children in need of additional support.
• Develop strong relationships with appropriate medical and mental health providers, job
readiness/training and placement programs, and educational and recreation programs.
• Collaborate with New Destiny’s Housing Stability Services team to integrate financial, health, and
wellness coaches into our program services.
• Prepare monthly reports on program activities, services provided, and individual outcomes.
• Maintain program data integrity by inputting client information on a weekly basis.
• Work with Bronx Regional Director and Data & Evaluation Manager to identify trends in program needs
or gaps in services.
• Conduct bi-weekly supervision with Case Manager and Front Door Monitor.
• Attend bi-weekly supervision with the Bronx Regional Director.
• Attend internal & external meetings, as needed.
• Other duties as directed