The Counselor will provide ongoing and trauma-informed comprehensive counseling services to adult survivors of domestic violence, trafficking, and/or other forms of gender violence. Services will be geared toward non-shelter clients living in the community. Assist clients to move toward managing their trauma, understanding the impact of gender-based violence on their lives and that of their children; help them to reach economic stability through case management, advocacy, and referral if necessary, to organizations providing such services. Opportunity to work in supportive, team-oriented environments in lower Manhattan.
- Conducts evidence-based assessments and psycho-social interviews for adult survivors of domestic violence, trafficking, and other forms of gender-based violence.
- Provides comprehensive trauma-informed individual/group counseling services with trauma and strengths-based perspectives to help clients process, cope, and heal from experiences of gender-based violence.Provides safety planning, crisis intervention, advocacy, case management, and referrals to other related services as needed.
- Provides affidavits and testimony for immigration and other legal purposes.
- Conducts trauma-related and gender-based violence outreach and training to community organizations and institutions serving the community.
- Maintains accurate case records and utilizes internal database systems to track direct services to clients and outreach events.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Maintains a network of contacts with other Social Service Agencies.
- Collaborates with and refers to external counseling programs when appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with agency staff across all sites