Case Manager – Tenant - Based Rental Assistance Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 22, 2022
||$24.00 – $27.00 per hour.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Under the direction of the Program Manager and working closely with program staff, the Case Manager provides case management services for young adults ages 18-25 centered primarily around strengthening independent living skills and housing permanency along with career and education development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• ntake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred individual for services.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Provide case management services on an ongoing basis to young adults in program.
• Provide financial literacy to educate young adults on savings and expenses.
• Assist young adults with developing permanent housing plans.
• Provide mediation between landlords and young adults as needed.
• Assist young adults in maintaining permanent housing once achieved. Monitor housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Assist participants to become employment-ready, finding and maintaining gainful employment or advancing their current employment opportunities to ensure success in permanent housing.
• Conduct monthly income review/ subsidy calculations with clients to determine percentage of rental assistance provided.
• Assist young adults in building and improving life skills.
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults. Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services, health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Maintain client files to agency standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS and HMIS).
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered.
• Attend agency and other program meetings; including community meetings and trainings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Regular attendance required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with housing programs and ability to house clients quickly is a plus! Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test required. Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
Required to be fully vaccinated with booster against COVID-19 (if eligible or agree to receive booster at the time of eligibility)