Recreation Coordinator– Adult Day Services (30 hrs.)|
Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 17, 2022
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Sunnyside
||- n/a -
$42,000 to $43,000 annual salary
Job Summary: The Recreation Coordinator is responsible for the recreational programming at Sunnyside’s Adult Day Service Program and ensures the delivery of high-quality programming to enhance the quality of life for both caregivers and participants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Creates and contributes to the friendly, warm, and safe environment of the program.
2. Develops the monthly activity calendar; creates stimulating program activities to meet the needs, interests, and abilities of the program participants.
3. Creates a monthly newsletter for program participants and families.
4. Supervises program aides, volunteers, and students
5. Observes, supervises, and documents the level of participation of clients
6. Participates in the development of participant care plans and records episodic events and significant changes.
7. Assists the Director in responding to inquiries about the program.
8. Makes referrals to internal and external services as appropriate.
9. Assists in the admissions process and ensures a smooth transition for all clients into the program.
10. Supervises and when necessary, assists in the delivery of activities of daily living, such as feeding, toileting, transferring and grooming.
11. In the absence of Director oversees the operation of the program.
12. Participates in family care conferences as needed.
13. Assists in outreach and marketing activities for the Adult Day Program.
14. Assists Director in billing functions for the program.
15. Enters participant information data on the computer.
16. Attends and participates in in-service education, orientation training and meetings as directed.
17. Has or is willing to obtain a NYC Food Protection certificate
18. Orders and maintains all equipment and supplies.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field. CTRS preferred but not required.
• Experience working with the elderly.
• Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
• Experience working in an adult day services program or mental health institution setting.
• Bilingual in Spanish
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
403B pension plan with employer contribution
Flexible spending account and transit program
Employee Assistance Program
20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
10 paid Holidays, Six personal/floating days, Life Insurance, Long-term disability
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn: Melissa Vitale or mail to 43-31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Recreation Coordinator– Adult Day Services” in the subject line
Please note, if hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer
Name: Mariana Nieto
Address: 43-31 39th Street