New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Mental Health Program Performance Associate to join its A31 Mental Health Clinic.
The A31 Mental Health Clinic is licensed by the Office of Mental Health to provide a variety of mental health and psychiatric services to both NAC clients and families as well as the larger community.
• Title of Position: Mental Health Program Performance Associate
• Position Type: Full Time Salaried
• Pay Range: Based on Experience/ Salary
• Location: 37 West 26th Street 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010
• Department: Article 31 Mental Health Clinic
Description of Responsibilities:
Provide administrative support to department leadership to help maintain and evaluate program initiatives and effectiveness and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and billing procedures. Serves as a program support while interacting with both QI and Fiscal in ensuring accurate, timely, and complete record keeping and billing data. Provides administrative and technical support for Clinicians with Order-Connect Accessibility for Clinic prescribers and EHR access. Completes additional administrative duties as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Produces Bi-weekly Clinic Census reports for A31 Mental Health clients
• Maintains Chart Integrity Checklists for client charts, at admission, transfer, discharge, and as staff terminate
• Creates and maintains Treatment Plan Review Due Date Tracking list
• Produces additional performance and billing reports from the EHR for clinic leadership as needed
• Assists in notifying Staff of corrective actions and due dates to remain in compliance with regulatory requirements and timeliness of documentation
• Coordinates Utilization Reviews with an independent UR Specialist
• Serves as a point person for enrolling, assigning, transferring and discharge clients in the agency’s EHR
• Retrieves and uploads PSYCKES Clinical Summaries in the agency’s EHR
• Provides training and technical support for incoming clinicians and trainees in the use of the Clinic’s EHR
• Provides administrative and technical support for e-prescribing to Psychiatrist/PNP or Interns
• Adds and maintains new Staff/trainee profiles in the EHR
• Assists the Clinic Coordinator in the preparation of Mental Health records requests as needed
• Manages and coordinates sending and requesting of older charts to/from off-site storage
• Additional administrative responsibilities as needed
Required Education and Experience:
•BS/High School Diploma with 1 year experience in related field required.
•Recent experience working in an Article-31 highly desirable.
•Fluent in verbal/written communication and must possess basic computer skills.