Under the direction of the Section 8 Director, the Section 8 Specialist is responsible for the administration of assigned housing programs in support of the program operations using written administrative policies and procedures and HUD regulations.
1. Establishes and maintains filing system and clerical procedures for applications, certifications, and interims; verifies all data and changes reported by program participants; enters and retrieves data from the system, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
2. Verifies accuracy of data obtained from residents and applicants during initial application and annual interview; establishes eligibility of applicants and of residents for continued occupancy; and updates information as required.
3. Prepares residents for continued eligibility through the completion of necessary documentation and recertification appointments.
4. Calculates annual income, determines initial eligibility, and calculates resident rents and total payments in accordance with regulations; determines income allowances and deductions; and provides residents with relevant documentation.
5. Coordinates to obtain and/or provide documents including leases, HAP contracts, and affordability notifications.
6. Calculates retroactive rent increases or credits where applicable; ensures rent charges are accurate; forwards necessary documents to resident and landlord.
7. Conducts briefings for program orientations, mandatory moves, and port-ins and for new landlords.
8. Performs audits on files and computer entries to ensure compliance according to federal regulations, and agency policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Able to convey complex information, orally and in writing, in a professional, clear, and concise fashion.
• Accurately interpret and implement regulations.
• Accountability for assigned cases, resolution of customer service cases, and responsiveness to participant and landlord inquires.
• Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, including the ability to apply detailed guidelines. Effectively function in stressful situations.
• Sensitivity to people who have special needs, such as the culturally diverse, persons living with a disability, elderly, or chronically mentally ill.
• Maintain a high level of daily productivity. Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information and issues.
• Exceptional customer service and support. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to pass Rent Calculation exam within 6 months of hire.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent with four years’ experience in housing programs, property management, or related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/zWE7BASd4GyMdT4wgIAjyq