For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Residence Supervisor has responsibility for clinical, physical plant operations, rehabilitative and recovery, case management and administrative supervision in CCNS’s residential services. Responsibilities also include supervision of staff in the residential programs, assuring that program staff carries out their job responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner and maintain availability to staff during all program hours of operation
* Monitor and oversee all aspects related to the delivery of residential, rehabilitative and recovery, clinical and case management services – including physical plant operations and program site visits on all staffing work shifts.
* Provide direct residential, rehabilitative and recovery, clinical and case management services to designated client population.
* Develop, oversee and participate in the group program as well as the activity program to ensure the delivery of appropriate rehabilitation and recovery services.
* Prepare a quarterly activity program with the Activities Coordinator and/or appropriate staff.
* Upon eligibility, complete all necessary documents to obtain/retain appropriate credentials, certifications and licenses.
* Conduct unscheduled visits to program site to ensure resident safety and personnel performance.
* Ensure that target population has access to service according to contractual requirements and Agency Mission.
* Contribute to the development of residential, rehabilitation and recovery and treatment protocols, clinical pathways and policy papers as needed.
* Contribute to the development of programmatic policies and monitoring staff adherence to policies.
* Additional involvement with high-risk residents and the staff overseeing treatment- including but not limited to MICA counselors.
* Ensure integration of MICA work both clinically and in charting and documentation.
* Assure charts and programs are in audit readiness through documented chart review.
* Develop or adhere to program tracking systems to ensure timeliness of resident documentation and all required internal and external paperwork including evaluations.
* Work collaboratively with Housekeeping/Maintenance staff keeping the staff in those departments informed of program issues which impact on their functioning and require their cooperation.
* Develop appropriate supervision coverage policies and procedures to ensure that adequate supervision and management is in effect for all work shifts.
* Ensure appropriate means for communicating resident and program information to all staff.
* Facilitate case review/conferences on at least a bi-weekly basis.
* Conduct briefings and bi-weekly staff meetings.
* Master’s degree in Social Work or related field
* New York State LCSW or LMSW preferred.
* Excellent clinical & supervisory skills along with three (3) years of mental health experience and/or substance abuse experience.
* Three (3) years of supervisory experience in the field.